PostgreSQL Project Developer - Chicago
About The Position
We are looking for a full-time experienced PostgreSQL Developer in Chicago to join our engineering team for a four month project, helping build our cross-platform personalized healthcare and financial platform from the ground up!
Yaro is building digital products that put consumers in the center of their healthcare. We’re an experience transformation engine putting the consumer first, so that it’s simple to make smart benefits choices, shop and pay for care, and establish financial well-being. We work with health plans, providers, and health systems to serve members as consumers, delivering better health outcomes, increased transparency, and lower costs. We want to have a continuous stream of diverse, smart engineers and designers who are excited and hungry to use software to solve challenging problems that immediately impact lives.
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to build and sustain momentum. Staying agile and efficient gives us the ability to build and adapt quickly and securely. We want to get things done: built, launched, and making positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships and create something we’re proud of. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.
As a SQL Developer that knows how to work with MSSQL & PostgreSQL, you will be responsible for creating, populating, and maintaining databases on top of optimizing entity relationships to make our application faster for our users. You will also work with our backend developers to connect database tables/views to our application and communicate how to effectively optimize the queries coming into the database based on the tasks.
- You insist on the highest standards - You take responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing
- You seek to build & simplify frameworks, tools & technologies and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- You think big! You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn
About Your Responsibilities
- Create and maintain databases in PostgreSQL
- Build ETL jobs to load or generate inbound or outbound files respectively
- Experience working with AWS Glue for ETL
- Work with backend developers to create and serve data to the front end of the application
- Optimize queries and entity relationships for fast application response times
- Experience in migrating a MSSQL database to another database (DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Build and document appropriate queries for the frontend to show data
- Communicate with all stakeholders about status or blockers during the project
- Help with other tasks as they show up
About You in the Role
Real life experience with building and developing software, especially mobile; we'd love it if you have a degree in Computer Science or something similar too. (Sorry new grads, but we need a few years under your belt at this point in our evolution.)
Commitment to 40 hours a week for a four months (estimated with potential to extend)
Overall solid, on-the- ground experience in the areas below:
- Experience in PostgreSQL (preferably in AWS RDS Environment) required
- Experience in MS SQL is a plus
- Knowledge of Node.JS ORMS's a plus
- Experience in Python
- Knowledge of AWS technologies like RDS, DynamoDB, S3 or Glue or equivalent
Understands and evangelizes our development philosophies:
- Distributed Systems, SaaS
- Event-Based Architecture
- Instrumentation to log data for all types of insights
- Code maintainability, SOLID Principles
- Don’t over-engineer the solution
- Discuss and learn from failure
Perks of the Job
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here
- An inside view into a company that's moving fast and having fun
- Flexible schedule and potential for remote
About the Team
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a strong sense of community. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide a inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.)