Junior Cloud Engineer
About The Position
We are looking for a Junior Cloud Engineer to be a key member of the engineering team, helping build our cross-platform personalized healthcare and financial platform from the ground up!
Yaro is building digital products that put consumers in the center of their healthcare. We’re an experience transformation engine putting the consumer first, so that it’s simple to make smart benefits choices, shop and pay for care, and establish financial well-being. We work with health plans, providers, and health systems to serve members as consumers, delivering better health outcomes, increased transparency, and lower costs. We want to have a continuous stream of diverse, smart engineers and designers who are excited and hungry to use software to solve challenging problems that immediately impact lives.
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to build and sustain momentum. Staying agile and efficient gives us the ability to build and adapt quickly and securely. We want to get things done: built, launched, and making positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships and create something we’re proud of. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.
As a Cloud Engineer on the team, you will get to solve real world problems that affect all of us and in turn make a huge impact in the healthcare space. You will help create a healthcare and financial wellness platform curated for each person via massive amounts of third party and internal data, and run through complex rules to deliver targeted, proactive health and financial wellness solutions, at scale. If you are passionate about learning to work closely with our development team, and to create delightful cross platform (Android, iOS, Web) user interactions, we would love to talk to you.
- You obsess over the customer and are excited about new ways to use data to continuously create a better customer experience
- You insist on the highest standards - You take pride in your work and want to learn best practices
- You want to minimize development pain points
- You think big! You want to learn to automate all processes, with a focus on how it relates to cloud services
- You believe in iterating on features
- You take ownership of the results - You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn
- You are willing to take notes and ask meaningful questions, and are able to translate them into clear and concise technical documentation
- You are a relentless problem-solver - Not all problems are fixed in a day
About Your Responsibilities
- Take part in iterative development with our product and dev team
- Administer internal services used by the rest of the company
- Document internal process and services
- Solve problems in a production environment where security and data integrity are paramount
- Collaborate on platform architecture to continuously improve developer and user experience
About You in the Role
You will be working with the Cloud Infrastructure Architect to implement a reliable, secure, and performant platform that is expected by both end users and developers alike. The only required skill for this position is the insatiable desire to learn. We value an individual’s ability to learn more than their past employment. As long as you are comfortable with new technologies and iterating on a design until you get it right, we’d love to talk to you.
To give you a better idea of what technology and tools you might come into contact with in your day-to-day, here is a general list:
- Hashicorp suite (Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Packer, Vault)
- Configuring, scaling and monitoring microservices
- Containerized services in Docker
- Jenkins or other CI platforms
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Fail fast, learn early
- Don't over-engineer the solution
- Collaboration over isolation
Perks of the Job
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here!
- Competitive salary, bonus potential and stock option eligibility
- Open PTO and flexible work hours
- Access to all WeWork amenities, plus the building’s lounge, gym, and secure bike room
- Health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, and more
- Team events and happy hours
- Parental leave
About the Team
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a strong sense of community. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide a inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.) Join us!