Temp to Hire Fullstack Developer - Tampa
About The Position
We are looking for experienced Fullstack Developers to be key members of the engineering team, helping build our cross-platform personalized healthcare and financial platform from the ground up!
This position is a 4 month temporary role with the opportunity to convert to full time at the close of the time period.
Yaro is building digital products that put consumers in the center of their healthcare. We’re an experience transformation engine putting the consumer first, so that it’s simple to make smart benefits choices, shop and pay for care, and establish financial well-being. We work with health plans, providers, and health systems to serve members as consumers, delivering better health outcomes, increased transparency, and lower costs. We want to have a continuous stream of diverse, smart engineers and designers who are excited and hungry to use software to solve challenging problems that immediately impact lives.
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to build and sustain momentum. Staying agile and efficient gives us the ability to build and adapt quickly and securely. We want to get things done: built, launched, and making positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships and create something we’re proud of. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.
As a Full stack developer on the team, you will get to solve real world problems that affect all of us and in turn make a huge impact in the healthcare space. You will help create a healthcare and financial wellness platform curated for each person via massive amounts of third party and internal data, and run through complex rules to deliver targeted, proactive health and financial wellness solutions, at scale. If you passionate about creating delightful cross platform (Android, iOS, Web) user interactions utilizing React Native & ReactJS along with backend APIs, we would love to talk to you.
- You obsess over the customer and are excited about new ways to use data to continuously create a better customer experience
- You insist on the highest standards - You take responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing
- You seek to build & simplify frameworks, tools & technologies and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- You think big! You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features
- You take ownership of the results - You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn
About Your Responsibilities
- Take part in iterative development with our product and dev team
- Transform wireframes into living and breathing code with 2-way feedback from our designers
- Ship features to production with e2e tests that ensures hiccup-free user journeys
- Collaborate on platform architecture to continuously improve developer and user experience
About You in the Role
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at-large.
- Takes initiative to identify and proactively tackle important problems like technical debt and coordinates with others on cross-cutting technical issues.
- Makes others better through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance & monitoring
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies in a rapid iteration environment
To give you a better idea of what technology and tools you might come into contact with in your day-to-day, here is a general list:
- ReactJS, React Native, Jest, Detox
- Node.js, PostgreSQL, GraphQL
- Utility-First Design
- Principle of Least Privilege
- Composition over inheritance
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Fail fast, learn early
- Don't over-engineer the solution
- Collaboration over isolation
Perks of the Job
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here!
- Competitive salary and potential to join the team permanently
- Flexible work hours
- We're happy to be members of the WeWork at 515 N State
- Access to all WeWork amenities, plus the building’s lounge, gym, and secure bike room
- Team events and happy hours
(Because this is a temporary position, benefits are temporarily limited.)
About the Team
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a strong sense of community. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide a inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.) Join us!