About The Position
We are looking for a Scrum Master in Chicago to help build our cross-platform personalized healthcare and financial platform from the ground up!
Disclaimer: Due to the duties of this position, you must be located in Chicago. Sorry, non-Chicago folks!
Yaro is building digital products that put consumers in the center of their healthcare. We’re an experience transformation engine putting the consumer first, so that it’s simple to make smart benefits choices, shop and pay for care, and establish financial well-being. We work with health plans, providers, and health systems to serve members as consumers, delivering better health outcomes, increased transparency, and lower costs. We want to have a continuous stream of diverse, smart engineers and designers who are excited and hungry to use software to solve challenging problems that immediately impact lives.
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to build and sustain momentum. Staying agile and efficient gives us the ability to build and adapt quickly and securely. We want to get things done: built, launched, and making positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships and create something we’re proud of. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.
As the scrum master on the team, you will get to solve real world problems that affect all of us and in turn make a huge impact in the healthcare space. You will help create a healthcare and financial wellness platform curated for each person via massive amounts of third party and internal data, and run through complex rules to deliver targeted, proactive health and financial wellness solutions, at scale. If you're passionate about creating delightful cross platform mobile applications along with building team and strategy on the mobile product, we would love to talk to you.
- You obsess over the customer and are excited about new ways to use data to continuously create a better customer experience
- You insist on the highest standards, taking responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing
- You seek to build and simplify frameworks, tools, and technologies and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- You think big! You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features
- You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software and own the results
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn
- You are able to help build a team of smart creatives
About Your Responsibilities
- Mentor and coach the teams on Agile methodology and Scrum values and process
- Facilitate PI (Program Increment) and sprint planning processes, as well as all other scrum ceremonies, and empower team commitment to PI and sprint delivery
- Initiate and participate in managing cross person/team/organization dependencies
- Participate in long term roadmap planning
- Monitor and track PI milestones, and facilitate mitigation of issues and risks
- Collaborate with the team to identify and resolve problems and remove impediments/barriers for the team
About You in the Role
- You've got a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (we mean it about the "or" part...experience is important)
- Understanding of the general principles of Agile as outlined in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be fully aligned to those principles
- A few years of real-world experience working with and coaching scrum teams
- A few solid years of relevant Information Technology experience
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills – this is a role for a Change Agent!
- It would be great if you were certified in Agile Methodologies (CSM, CSP, SA, SASM)
Perks of the Job
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here!
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Open PTO and flexible work hours
- Casual, open-layout workspace right on Michigan Avenue at the Chicago River
- An amazing view from the 34th floor
- Fully stocked kitchen and access to the building’s gym and secure bike room
- Health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, and more
- Team events and happy hours
- Parental leave
About the Team
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a strong sense of community. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide a inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.) Join us!