About The Position
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to be a key member of the product team, working cross-functionally between product design, the engineering team, and stakeholders to deliver a superior mobile healthcare experience. You will be getting in on the ground floor to not only build best-in-class consumer digital products, but also build our company.
This is not your average product owner role – and it’s not for the uninspired. This is life in the venture-backed start-up world – the fast lane. It’s next-generation digital healthcare. It's innovative and rich with opportunity as you will drive better healthcare and financial benefits for a portfolio of Yaro’s clients and their members.
Yaro is building digital products that put consumers in the center of their healthcare. We’re an experience transformation engine putting the consumer first so that it’s simple to make smart benefits choices, shop and pay for care, and establish financial well-being. We work with health plans, providers, and health systems to serve members as consumers, delivering better health outcomes, increased transparency, and lower costs.
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to build and sustain momentum. Staying agile and efficient gives us the ability to build and adapt quickly and securely. We want to get things done: built, launched, and making a positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships and create something we’re proud of. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.
In your role as a Product Owner, you’ll be the trusted adviser to lead the continued build of our mobile-first platform. Part product expert, business analyst, coach, and strategic adviser, you are continually focused on helping our users and clients improve the benefits they reap from working with Yaro’s platform and digital products. If you’re passionate about creating delightful cross-platform mobile applications along with building team and strategy on a mobile-first consumer product, we would love to talk to you.
- You GSD and take ownership to drive results – You are organized, efficient and productive.
- You level up daily - Every day is a new opportunity to learn something new, take on a new challenge, and find a solution.
- You’re passionate about the company’s vision of radically simplifying the consumer healthcare journey to improve consumer experience, quality of care and reduce healthcare costs.
- You think big! You insist on the highest standards, strive to automate all processes, and focus on scale. The details matter.
- You can’t stop obsessing over the customer and are excited about new ways to use data and user design to continuously create a better customer experience.
- You can manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize.
- You are analytical – You solve problems with quantitative and qualitative data and can tell the story to our clients or internal teams
About Your Responsibilities
- Bridge the gap between Yaro’s product, design, and engineering teams to ensure all requirements are built and delivered upon. You will be helping to ensure the product vision becomes reality.
- Provide consistency and clarity to the build of our platform by identifying business needs and constraints, defining scope, and ensuring efficient execution
- Define functional and non-functional requirements and recommend solutions in the form of epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Work with engineering and business stakeholders to groom and prioritize the backlog of user stories through the release and sprint cycles
- Act as a proxy for the business throughout development, testing, and release activities to ensure the business needs are being met
- Develop business analysis artifacts, such as business rules or process flows to clarify requirements
- Analyze product usage data and regularly report metrics that inform the success of products
- Develop client messaging and training materials for new releases, features, or updates
- Support sales as the technical/product lead as needed
- Collect and document competitive intelligence to help Yaro differentiate and win in the marketplace
About You in the Role
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (experience is important)
- Product owner/manager experience on an agile/scrum team, preferably with building a mobile-first consumer platform
- Overall solid, on-the-ground experience in areas such as product management, business analysis, user experience, QA/testing, and/or change management (marketing, communications, training, etc.)
- Strong communication, relationship-building, and interpersonal skills – You will interact with Yaro’s clients, end-users, and leadership on a regular basis. Do you know how to deftly navigate competing interests and communication on multiple levels?
- Track record of leading technical projects through the full life cycle, from definition to post-launch
- Ability to translate product concepts and ideas into functional and non-functional requirements
- Ability to prioritize work based on business and customer impact
- The flexibility and agility to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment – No task is deemed “not my job”, but you’re also not afraid to ask for help
- You lean towards a process-focused approach, with strong problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail
Perks of the Job
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here!
- Work alongside talented minds to learn and deliver more as a team than any individual could on his/her own
- Professional development and personal “brand” development through active participation in industry conferences, local ecosystem events and support for personal passion projects aligned with Yaro’s mission and values
- Competitive salary, bonus potential and stock option eligibility
- Open PTO and flexible work hours
- We're excited to be part of the WeWork community at 515 N State
- Access to all WeWork amenities, plus the building’s lounge, gym, and secure bike room
- Health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, and more
- Team events and happy hours
- Parental leave
About the Team
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a strong sense of community. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide a inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.) Join us!