Head of Sales
About The Position
We are looking for a hands-on, experienced sales executive to join Yaro’s leadership team - and our mission to transform healthcare. As Head of Sales at Yaro, you will be responsible for driving new business with health insurers, TPAs, and health systems as well as defining and executing the sales strategy and roadmap to drive our next stage of growth.
Yaro is a consumer-centered healthcare technology company. Health insurers, health systems, and TPAs implement Yaro’s white-label platform to provide their members and patients with simpler, more convenient healthcare navigation and guided user journeys. Yaro’s aim is to empower consumers to make a different — and better — choice because they used Yaro’s platform. Yaro makes it faster and easier for consumers to understand their health benefits and shop and pay for their care. By providing real-time insights at every touchpoint, Yaro delivers personalized, relevant options and simplifies the healthcare process – generating administrative and medical cost savings.
You are a hands-on sales leader, passionate about transforming healthcare, the success of our customers and rapidly scaling an entrepreneurial digital health platform. You are strategic and tactical - you know what what’s needed this week and you set the path for what’s needed in the years ahead. You hold yourself and your colleagues accountable to big goals, and you have a proven track record of exceeding sales numbers.
About Your Responsibilities
- Drive and achieve revenue, sales, and membership goals
- Develop a national sales pipeline to achieve growth targets
- Build and execute a best-in-class sales and marketing process
- Close large, complex deals involving multiple executive level stakeholders - Build strategic relationships founded on mutual trust and aligned goals with prospective distribution channel partners and clients, across a matrix spanning Digital, Marketing, Sales, Product, IT and EVP and C-level personnel
- Manage timely, accurate prospect, pipeline, metrics and forecast data including CRM
- Lead and coordinate RFP responses
- Keep current with industry, competitor and customer data and trends - Maintain up-to-date, detailed customer data and help maintain industry data including market needs and trends impacting target buyers and buying process.
- Actively serve on groups and associations related to the industry and relevant customers
- Ensure that the contracting process is satisfied and act as the lead in bringing all contractual matters to a close, including the hand-off to the Client Experience & Implementation team
About You in the Role
- Proven capability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a history of revenue attainment
- Ability to build a pipeline that has opportunities sufficient to attain quota
- Proficiency in designing and carrying out a consultative sales strategy
- Demonstrated success in an outside business-to-business sales role. Ideal if that’s been selling into Yaro’s target segments and/or establishing distribution channel partnership(s)
- We’d love it if you have SaaS sales experience
- Passion for working in a highly-visible, path-forging, multi-tasking capacity, at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An infectiously positive attitude and outlook
- Entrepreneurial mentality - think company first, then team, then self
- You will travel about 25-75% of the time
Perks of the Job
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here!
- Work alongside fun, smart, creative, driven colleagues to learn and deliver more as a team than any individual could on their own
- Professional development and personal “brand” development through active participation in industry conferences, ecosystem events and support for personal passion projects aligned with Yaro’s mission and values
- Competitive base and variable compensation
- Stock option eligibility
- Open PTO and flexible work hours
- Fun, convenient location at the WeWork at 515 N State
- Access to all WeWork amenities, plus the building’s lounge, gym, and secure bike room
- Health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, and more
- Team events and happy hours
- Parental leave
About the Team
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a bold mission. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide an inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.) Join us!
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to continuously accelerate our momentum, agility and efficiency. We want to get things done - at scale: built, launched, and making a positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.