Last Updated: 01/18/2019
Yaro (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.goyaro.com (our “Website”) or use our mobile software application (the “App”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. (Together, the App and the Site are referred to as the “Applications.”)
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- Through the App; and
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website or the App.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means including, but not limited to, through our clients or on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party including, but not limited to, through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Applications.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Applications are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to, through or on the Applications. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on or through the Applications, or on or through any of their features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Applications or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Applications, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”); or
- relating to the past, present or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual, the provision of health care to an individual, or the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to an individual (“protected health Information”)
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Applications, physical location of your device and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Applications. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
Information Provided to Us
The information we collect on or through our Applications may include:
- Information provided by the sponsoring employer or organization
- Information provided by your insurer or benefit administrator
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Application. This includes information provided at the time of requesting or using a service available through the Applications, making a purchase through the Applications or requesting further information.
- We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Applications.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Applications.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies
As you navigate through and interact with our Applications, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Applications, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Applications.
- Information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Applications and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Applications according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Applications.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Global Positioning System (GPS) . We may collect the physical location of your device using the embedded GPS system in your device. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal and protected health information to:
- Establish you as an eligible member;
- Operate, maintain and improve the Applications and our services;
- Present our Applications and its contents to you and provide you with personalized messages, ads and offers for products and services from us and participating partners;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- Schedule and provide related services regarding your appointments, for example, to send to you appointment reminders, communicate with you and your healthcare providers regarding your appointments and healthcare services, obtain or facilitate payments for appointments and healthcare services, and provide you with related customer service;
- Provide you with health plan network information and access to other health plan information and tools;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed through the Applications;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Notify you about changes to our Applications or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Provide you with personalized location-based services and content (for example, information regarding local healthcare providers);
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Yaro and our partners, sometimes by combining your information with information from other sources;
- Fulfill any other purchase that we may describe when you provide the information;
Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of our partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Enhance other information we have about you directly or from other sources to help us better understand you and determine your interests.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To our business partners who are responsible for providing a service or product to you that you requested or purchased through the Applications;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Yaro’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Yaro about our Applications users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
- To comply with any law, court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yaro, our customers or others
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Physical Location. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny use and/or sharing of your device’s location through settings on your device, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Applications that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: 444 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1420, Chicago, IL 60611
We have implemented measures designed to reasonably secure your personal and protected health information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers (such as Amazon Web Services) that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that are generally non-negotiable; these service providers inform us that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system.
The safety and security of your personal and protected health information also depends on you. Never share your password with anyone else.
© Yaro, 2019. All rights reserved.